Taste is, they say, subjective. We would beg to differ – just slightly. Blas na hÉireann is a very big blind tasting competition — the biggest of its kind in the world. With expert chefs, foodies and food scientists from UCC making up the judges at the Blas na hEireann National Irish Food Awards digging into a couple of thousand food products there was a fair chance that they would agree more than disagree. And that makes the fact that the SuperValu Range won 14 medals — the top performance by an Irish retailer — even more impressive. Also, and on a mildly patriotic note, Blas na hÉireann is a great reminder of how seriously Ireland takes its home-produced food. Raising the bar as high as possible for food production and supply is an aim always worth supporting and keeps us and our partners very much on our toes — which is just how we like it.
Welcome to our blog pages. Read on to find out more about our business…
- Frank and Honest opens first stand-alone café
- SuperValu Award for Excellence in Food Microbiology
- SuperValu is the FIRST Irish Supermarket to introduce 100% Compostable Reusable Shopping Bags and removes 2.5 million plastic bags from circulation
- NEW to Centra – A Vegan Twist on your Deli Favourites!
- SuperValu and Centra sweep the boards winning a whopping 90 awards at the 2019 Great Taste Awards