SuperValu launch the €80 saving challenge to support parents facing the pinch during the back to school period. Across 222 stores nationwide SuperValu is encouraging parents to shop smart using the Better Than Half Price sale and to switch to Own Brand to save up to €80 on their weekly shop. In addition SuperValu has teamed up with ‘The Money Doctor’ John Lowe to pull together some simple tips to help parents make meaningful and significant savings:
- Shop smart with the SuperValu Better Than Half Price sale – Shop 100’s of brands at half price with the sale. It may be worth your while buying a month’s supply of an item you would normally buy, if you can avail of a significant discount
- Switch to SuperValu Own Brand – Simply by switching your branded product to SuperValu Own Brand you can save 33% without compromising on quality
- Weekly meal planning for the family – Plan the family meals and school lunches for the entire week at the start of the week to ensure all food will be used. This way you will only buy what you need and avoid waste. For meal planning inspiration and delicious, easy to make recipes from Kevin Dundon check out www.supervalu.ie
- Create a daily shopping list for updating – Write a shopping list in advance and stick to it. Your bill increases if you’re not focused on what you need. If you run short of tea, washing-up liquid, kitchen towels, these can be added to your main shopping list
- Making use of leftovers in the family home – Instead of wasting the leftovers from a family meal, use them to make a delicious meal for the next day’s dinner. You can visit www.supervalu.ie for inspiration and ideas on recipes to help you make the most out of your leftovers
- Use SuperValu Real Rewards – SuperValu Real Rewards points is a great way to make savings. You will be amazed how all those little discounts add up to big savings on your shopping bill.
Speaking about the launch of the Back to School €80 Saving Challenge, Martin Kelleher, Managing Director, SuperValu, said: “As a family business, we’re committed to supporting families during the back to school period. For SuperValu it is about highlighting how shoppers can realise meaningful savings to put the money back in their pocket. SuperValu is a business that believes in delivering value to consumers and our €80 Saving Challenge does just that, a challenge which will help customers to see that they can make substantial savings every week, on their weekly shop by simply shopping smarter.”
Financial expert and Money Doctor, John Lowe added; “Groceryshopping has a great deal to do with your financial health. There is a direct relationship between how well you shop and your wealth, meaning good shoppers will always be substantially better off. Smart shopping can save you a lot of money. I am delighted to work with SuperValu on their €80 Saving Challenge supporting families during the back to school period, a particularly stressful time for many families.”
For further information on the SuperValu €80 Saving Challenge or the Better Than Half Price Sale and SuperValu offers, visit www.supervalu.ie, facebook.com/SuperValuIreland or Twitter @SuperValuIRL, alternatively you can drop into your local SuperValu store.